Saturday, May 16, 2009

Prayer Is.....

Prayer to me is simply talking to God as if He were my best friend, after all He should be.
Having a relationship with God is better than anything I have ever known.
I say that because God fully and completely satisfies.
He's like water being poured into your soul.
He fills every single crack and mends every little hole.
He is like cold water, very refreshing,
yet He is also hot water, soothing and relaxing, easing all your pain.
He is comfort-like a huge teddy bear to a small child.
You can snuggle up to Him and get warm and cozy.
I feel safe in His arms, loved and cared for.
I cry on His shoulder and He sends words of comfort.
I cannot even begin to describe the overwhelming sense I get when I am close to Him.
It's a combination of complete joy, extreme energy,
utter excitement, and intense love all rolled into one.
I have truly experienced a God who is so overwhelming that He is beyond our imagination.


Marty Shuff

No comments: